- Storefront Quick Tour
- Backend Quick Tour
Overview of backend admin system
To manage your online business, we provide you a full fledged admin system. The admin system is multi-user and contains essential functional sub-systems for managing not only your online business, but also your offline business. So, essentially, you can manage your entire business from our system.
Multiple users can simultaneously log in to the admin system to carry out their assigned tasks. This is very naturally required for managing any business. You do not have just an e-commerce website administrator. Rather, you will have a sales team which will process orders. You will have a warehouse team which will process dispatch of goods to customers. You will have an accountant who would take care of accounting tasks. And so on. Our admin system allows you to assign specific restricted access to all your employees who are engaged in your day to day business operation, so that they can carry out their business functions through the system.
When you purchase any of our eCommerce plans, we build your website, do the initial configuration of the backend admin, setup a few of your products, and launch your website. Thereafter, we will provide you access to your admin control panel from where you would require to carry out further configuration for various business systems. The following list will give you an idea of what all you would require to setup before you start using the backend admin system and begin using our eCommerce system to carry out your online and offline business activities. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. It is only indicative of the kind of things you would need to configure.
- Global Company Setup: Setup Profit centers, viz. your various business units; Setup departments; Document preferences - document number formats, document templates and document types to be permitted in the system; Email preferences and email stationary branding; Currency setup - define base currency, define other currencies, define exchange rates, define active currencies for store front; Tax setup - define tax components, tax codes, tax groups, vendor and customer tax classes, and tax accounts; Freight setup - define freight components and setup freight terms; User setup - create employees in the system and assign them user access to the system based on their roles; Operating zone - define your time zones and countries of operation.
- Accounts Setup: Define Fiscal years, Chart of accounts, default accounts and control accounts, Payment methods, Receipt methods.
- Item Setup: Item types, inventory types, item profile field customization, list of manufacturers whose products you will sell, list of brands you will sell, list of units of measure, define item categories, assign default item accounts - item sales revenue account, COGS account, item expense account, inventory control account and inventory adjustment account, item level and item category level tax code assignment, add all your items.
- Sales Setup: define customer categories, define customer discount level, customer status list, list of reasons for sales return, list of customer contact types, auto-reminder settings for dues reminders and renewal reminders, sales rep list and commission levels, payment terms, document policies, default accounts for sales, add your existing customers.
- Purchase Setup: Vendor categories, vendor status list, vendor contact types, purchase rep list, payment terms, document policies, add your existing vendors.
- Warehouse Setup: Warehouse locations, Stock areas and bins, initial stock entry.
The admin interface designs are such as to make it very easy to use by any one with little bit of computer and internet knowledge. The primary knowledge that is required to use the system effectively is essentially the knowledge of your own business processes, viz. sales, purchase, accounting, inventory, tax and freight rules, etc.
The interfaces are very easy to understand, with quickly accessible on-page help available wherever needed. The system administrator does not require any specialized software knowledge. Hence training needs are negligible. We shall provide all necessary help and support to the users all the time, so that they are able to understand how to use various sections of the system and do not face any difficulty. All such support is provided by email.
Please go through each of the links on the left column to get an overall idea of what features are provided in BusinessAhead eCommerce system. Though the full system details are not covered in this website, we have tried to dwell on the important features of the system so that you get a fair understanding of the fundamental philosophy behind which our various business sub-systems are designed.
Some of the features that you may actually get may be slightly different from what we have described here, due to continuous updates and enhancements that we carry out on our ecommerce system. Also, what features will be available to you would largely depend upon which ecommerce plan you purchase. So before placing order, do check out all the available features for the plan that you are purchasing. This can be seen on the product details page of the specific plan.