Online & offline payment methods
- Various online and offline payment options are provided for. You will have the option to Enable/Disable payment options as per your requirement.
- Integration with online payment gateway for receiving payments via Credit card, Debit card, Net-Banking and other suitable online modes. Purchasing of merchant account from a payment gateway service provider is excluded in our price and you have the flexibility to procure a merchant account from your choice service provider. We will provide all required technical assistance to help you select an appropriate payment gateway service provider. We will also carry out the necessary software integration so that your eCommerce website can talk to the payment gateway service provider's software to enable receipt of online payments.
- Offline options like payment by wire transfer, by cheque, and cash in advance or cash on delivery are also integrated.
- There is also an option to pay from customer's debit account balance. Customer will be able to charge his debit account with lump sum amounts and draw from his account balance as and when desired, whenever he makes a purchase.
What is a Payment Gateway?
Payment Gateway Merchant Account to sell your products and services online
You need a secure and reliable payment gateway solution which your customers can trust.
Computer solutions can provide you online Payment Solutions for all your business transactions through the Internet. You can conveniently sell your products from your website and accept payments online in a secure way.
We provide great flexibility in payment gateway solution:
- For your worldwide customers we can integrate your eCommerce website with PAYPAL payment gateway. Paypal is the most widely used and relied upon payment gateway service world-wide and allows collecting payments via credit cards, e-cheques and instant bank transfer, in several popular currencies, viz. US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, Japanese Yen, British Pound Sterling, Euro, and more.
- For customers located in India, we provide a payment gateway service that accepts nearly all types of credit cards, including cards valid in India and Nepal only. It also accepts payment through most internet enabled Indian bank accounts.
- Off-course, our Payment Gateway Integration software also takes care of other options of receiving payments, viz. wire transfer, demand draft, at-par cheque, cash and local cheque deposit in your at-par bank account.
- Other payment gateways can also be integrated, as per your specific requirement.
Our Payment Gateway software integrates well with a Shopping Cart software that we provide. Further, it has features so that customers can view all their transactions from their personal control panel.
Merchant Accounts and Payment Gateways
A merchant account is a banking account that allows you to accept credit card orders. If you own a retail store you probably already have a retail merchant account. If not here are a couple of options for applying for one.
Your local bank: If you already have a merchant account for your retail store you definitely want to talk to the company that provides that account. Most local banks now offer internet merchant accounts. When you talk to them make sure you let them know that you intend to do business over the web. Some banks require a different account for Internet sales. You will need to find out what processor they use and which payment gateways they require or suggest.
Contact your local merchant account or bank for more information.
Internet based merchant companies: There are a number of Internet based companies that provide merchant accounts for online store-fronts. These companies are used to dealing with online stores and will generally provide a full set of services including an online transaction terminal that will enable you to process payments through a web interface. We have partnered with CcAvenue to give you a combination merchant account and payment gateway.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that will help you in your decision making process.
What is merchant account processing?
Merchant account processing services are provided by a bank or a third party processor to the merchant. These services include authorization of credit cards, settlement of funds through the bankcard associations (MasterCard/Visa), depositing of funds to checking accounts, merchant billing, and account activity reporting.
How do I get a merchant account?
Visit the website of a merchant account provider such as CcAvenue, Transecute, 2Checkout, Paypal, and others. Read through the relevant sections of their website that provide information pertaining to services offered, eligibility criteria, fee structure and facilities provided. Finalize on one service provider and complete their online application form or application procedure as described at their website.
What credit card types can I accept?
Most merchant account allow you to be automatically set up for Visa and MasterCard transactions. Other card types that are usually accepted include - American Express, Diner's Club, Discover and JCB.
How long does the application approval process take?
Some merchant account providers, like Paypal, may provide you instant facility to start accepting credit cards immediately after filling out an online application. Others, like CcAvenue, may require you to sign a legal agreement and complete a set of application paper work, before approving and releasing a merchant account. Such process may usually take 2-3 weeks.
How will I get paid for credit card transactions?
When your customer makes a payment online at your website, using his credit card, the paid money is automatically transferred to your business merchant account. All such money received accumulate in your merchant account, which acts like a bank account. Your merchant provider may usually remit the balance in your merchant account by transferring it to your Bank current account via electronic transfer on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
Will I need to purchase additional equipment?
No. All you need is a web browser and Internet access to utilize the Virtual POS terminal provided by your merchant account provider. The virtual POS terminal enables you to authorize/settle transactions, view orders, manage recurring billing and more! The kind of facilities provided would vary from one service provider to another.
Will I receive statements?
Yes. Electronic Merchant Systems offers you Internet-based reporting, that gives you online access to review your daily sales, financial history, and other pertinent account information. There is no additional cost for this service. In addition some merchant account providers may send you a paper statement at the end of each month.
What type of bank account do I need?
A business/current account is preferred by most merchant provider. However, if you do not have a business account, a personal account that is primarily used for the business and is in the owner's name is usually accepted by most merchant providers.
If I am a new start up company without a credit history, will my company get approved?
Usually there are no hassles and no strict credit requirements.
I already have a retail merchant account. Why do I need another one?
Financial institutions and the Visa / MasterCard card Associations have different criteria for evaluating the potential risk involved in credit card transactions where the card is not physically presented to the merchant. This type of business is typically referred to as Card not present or MO/TO (mail order/telephone order). For this reason, a separate merchant account is needed.
What is a payment gateway?
A payment gateway is a service that gives merchants the ability to perform real-time credit card authorizations from a web site over the Internet. The Gateway is an encrypted channel that passes the transaction securely from your customer's computer to the financial institutions to capture the authorization and approval. Once the transaction is complete, the information is sent back through the Gateway to complete the order and provide you with verification. The Gateway offers many administrative features such as: viewing orders, keeping sales tax records, account maintenance, etc.